Phase 1A Priority Populations
*Phase 1A – Expanded Definitions
Hospitals, Long-term care facilities and residents, including Department of Mental Health (DMH)-operated facilities.
Includes Licensed Entities in the following categories:
- Hospitals (personnel)
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (personnel and residents)
- Intermediate Care Facilities (personnel and residents)
- Assisted Living Facilities (personnel and residents)
- Residential Care Facilities (personnel and residents)
- State Veteran Homes (personnel and residents)
Home health, Hospice, Dialysis centers, Urgent care.
- Licensed home health providers (personnel)
- Licensed hospice providers (personnel)
- Dialysis centers/End-Stage Renal Disease facilities (personnel)
- Surgery centers (personnel)
- Urgent Care clinics (personnel)
Vaccinator staff and those administering COVID testing.
- All personnel working at vaccination sites.
- All personnel working at COVID testing sites.
Congregate community healthcare settings staff and residents, including DMH contracted settings and adult day cares.
- DMH licensed/certified Residential Settings (personnel and residents)
- DMH licensed/certified Day Program Options (personnel and residents)
- DHSS licensed Adult Day Cares (personnel and residents)
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF-IID) (personnel and residents)
EMS and High-risk non-congregate healthcare, including clinics, physicians, and home care providers.
- Physician offices (personnel)
- Health care clinics (personnel)
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) (personnel)
- Higher Education clinics (personnel)
- Home and Community Based Services providers (personnel)
- In-home care, including *family caregivers
- Consumer-directed services
- Private-duty home care
- Private-duty nursing care
- Adult foster care
All remaining patient-facing healthcare providers, including but not limited to health care workers in emergency shelters, dental offices, school nurses, pharmacies, public health clinics, mental/behavioral health providers, and correctional settings.
- Optometrists (personnel)
- Dentists (personnel)
- Pharmacies (personnel)
- K-12 Nurses
- Local Public Health Agency (personnel)
- Mental and Behavioral Health providers not included in Groups A-E (personnel)
- Medical personnel in correctional settings and emergency shelters
- Medical transportation providers
*Please email CovidVaccine@health.mo.gov if you have questions about whether an entity type is Phase 1A eligible that is not currently on this list.
This page will be updated as additional clarification becomes available.